3 freelancing marketplaces suitable for beginners
What is Freelancing? what are the 3 freelancing marketplaces suitable for beginners?
The word Freelance is a combination of the words Free and Lance. The word has been growing in popularity since the early 1900's.
A freelancer is a person who works independently without any type of contract with a specific organization. There may not be a specific remuneration for his work, and the subject may not be specified in full time or part time.
Simply put, a freelancer is a free-spirited person who works for a variety of organizations according to his or her skills.
For example: a writer who writes some content for a person or organization. Similarly, a logo designer designs a logo for a person or organization for a while.
Table of contents:
- The benefits of freelancing
- The difficulty of freelancing
- 3 suitable marketplaces for starting a freelance career
- The advantage of Fiverr
- PeoplePerHour (PPH)
- Features a good Hourlie
- Some rules for working on upwork
- My opinion
The benefits of freelancing:
A freelancer chooses the job of his choice, in which case no one can force him to do any work. It is often up to you to decide how much you will pay.
You can start freelancing at any time. It does not require much preparation. Only if you are proficient in a particular subject can you start working on it. A freelancer is able to decide for himself which person or organization he will work with. In this case, he has full freedom of will.
If you are a freelancer you will set your own work schedule. There is freedom in scheduling work here. In a word, a freelancer draws his own schedule and manages it himself.
The difficulty of freelancing:
There is a lot of competition to survive. Nowadays, if one wants to start freelancing, he has to face a lot of competition. Because, the number of freelancers is constantly increasing.
Since a freelancer chooses the job of his choice, he may not always have a job.
You have to work with different clients at different times. So keeping everyone equally satisfied is a little harder later, much more challenging.
It may take you a long time to get the first job and your work rate may be relatively low. Creating a good client base is a time consuming task, in which case you need to be patient.
3 marketplaces suitable for starting a freelance career:
Now I will introduce you to three popular marketplaces from which you can start your freelance career.
Fiverr is a micro-freelance marketplace and is currently the most popular among newcomers or Bangladeshis. If you are proficient in a particular job, then you can provide your services in Fiverr.
There are a total of eight categories in Fiverr and there are many sub-categories in each category.
- There are eight main categories of Fiverr-
- Graphics and design
- Digital marketing
- Writing and translation
- Videos and animations
- Music and audio
- Programming and tech
- Fun and lip style
There are also many sub-categories in each category. From this you need to start working by determining your category.
The advantage of Fiverr:
- It is very easy to create an account here, any new person can easily create an account here. Fiber is like a stall or shop where you can arrange some of your designated products or services, which are called gigs.
- A gig means a job such as: keyword research.
- Suppose you can do keyword research. Then you can sell your service here, which can be priced (minimum $5 - maximum $995) You can sell this one service again in three packages (Basic, Standard and Premium).
- Here you can also work through buyer or client request.
- You can easily withdraw money through PayPal or Pioneer card. You can easily get a free Pioneer pre-paid master card from Bangladesh.
- Withdrawal Processing Fee - $1 fee up to the first $20 and 5% of the total upwards of $20
If you can work on Fiverr for a while then this may be the first step in starting your freelancing career.
This marketplace is also very popular with newcomers and here you can get a fair reward for your work.
Like Fiverr, here are some categories from which you can choose your choice.
There are eight main categories of PeoplePerHour-
- Writing and translation
- Video, photos and audio
- Business support
- Social media
- Sales and Marketing
- Software development and mobile
- Web development
Here too you can create a service according to your work skills, which is called Hourlie. The more interestingly you create this service or hourly, the more your sales will grow. Also, here you can bid on buyers' requests.
Features a good Hourlie:
- The title is very important for your hourly. Your title should be clear, easy to understand and beautiful.
- In the description of your Hourlie, you tell the buyer in detail why he needs this service and how he will benefit from it.
- The more detailed your service, the more sales it will have.
- You can use bullet points, text modifiers such as bold in your writing. This makes your service look more beautiful.
- Use beautiful and unique pictures for your Hourlie. Because, a beautiful picture makes your service more lively to the client.
- You can increase your sales by using extra add-ons in Hourlie.
- You will be given 15 proposal credits as new.
A much more popular freelance marketplace but now it has become a bit difficult for Bangladeshis to work here.
Upwork is currently recognizing a very small number of accounts from Bangladesh. However, in my opinion, those who have some work experience should try upwork.
Upwork you can work in a total of 12 categories, these are-
- Web, mobile and software development
- Design and Creative
- Admin support
- IT and networking
- Customer service
- Data Science and Analytics
- Sales and Marketing
- Engineering and Architecture
- Accounting and consulting
Some rules for working on upwork:
- The first requirement for working here is a 100% approved profile. Where beautifully your name, your skills, description, job rate and a picture of you will be given.
- In Upwork you have to bid for different jobs with this profile.
- Here you will find two types of work, 1. Hourly and II. Fixed prize.
- As a new freelancer, you will get 60 Connects, with which you will bid for the job. A job will cost a minimum of 1 - a maximum of 5 connections.Then you have to Buy the connects.per connect fee is $0.15
- You need to have an account with any bank in Bangladesh to withdraw money from Upwork. You can send money directly to that account.
I think Fiverr is the perfect platform for those of you who are just getting started.
Why choose Fiverr-
- Easily create accounts
- Provide service according to one's own skills
- Easy to find work in small and small areas
- Easy withdrawal from Bangladesh
Hopefully, those of you who have not yet decided how and where to start, at least don't be late, start working. If you like my article, please share it on your social network and give newcomers a chance to know. If you have any questions you can comment below, but please comment on the topic discussed in this post.
I look forward to your shares and comments.